Monday, July 16, 2012

Homecoming


My wonderful arrival


It has been over a week since I touched ground in Norway and where embraced by my dear sister Anne Lise, and best friends Linn Hege and Erik at the airport in Oslo. Let me be frank and tell you that I have not yet landed in Norway from this year of travelling, and that I still perceive life the African way. Meaning that I might just show up for something three hours behind schedule, or not at all for that matter..  


My sister and me

Lets clear something else straight away. Im not “insanely” tan!! The last months in Africa where spent indoors or anywhere one could get away from the sun, and the last month going through Asia to Europe was spent either in a bad Bajo hangover or in a boiling tin can. Either way I see my self as excused.

Pearl Jam in Oslo!!!

After some amazing dinners and late night talks in my sister apartment with her boyfriend and Linn Hege, the night was finally there for Pearl Jam and the official end of my year away. It was INCREDIBLE!!! 




I arrived in Kristiansand two days later and after some hugs i could not possibly resist the urge to plunge into the sweet, salty, 15 degree Norwegian water. Finally! I was home.  



While i am climbing back up on land my “little” brother stands with his arms crossed, grinning like there is no tomorrow before he utteres a smug: “How tall are you really?”. It seems he has finally surpassed me, or as we say in Zimbabwe: “he has deleted me”.



Now im going to finish this entry simply because I have a lot of other things id rather want to do and I LOVE it!! But before I go, let me show you what I have bee living on since I set my feet back home and leave you with the statement that life is good ;D





Thank you all for following this blog and for supporting my writing with reading and feedback. It has been a true pleasure and who knows, I might just pick it up again one day ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment